1. WHO ARE WE?
This website (“Site”) is operated by Translatedselves (“Translatedselves”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”), the global organizer of Social Media Week, a community website operated from Vladivostok, Russia.
The data controller responsible for your personal data is Translatedselves with whom you contract as a member or membership applicant (“Translatedselves”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”).
3. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We collect the following personal data about you:
- Membership: When becoming a member of our Translatedselves platform, we collect your first and last name, email address, country and languages you speak. You may also add information about your social media accounts.
- Newsletter Subscription: When opting in to subscribe to one of our email newsletters, we collect your email address, and in some cases your first and last name, country and languages you speak.
- Other Information: Personal details you choose to give when corresponding with us by phone, intercom or e-mail, participating in user/member surveys or otherwise visiting and interacting with this Site .
4. AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED PERSONAL DATA
- Log Data: When you visit our Site, our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. This log data includes your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (from which we understand the country you are connecting from at the time you visit the Site), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- To acknowledge and confirm receipt of your posts, comments and engagements, interactions on our website.
- To contact you in connection with user/member surveys, polls, challenges and use any information you choose to submit in response, provided that you gave us your consent to being contacted in this way at the time you provided us with the personal data.
- If you choose to subscribe (opt-in) to one of our newsletters, we will send our periodic newsletter to the email address you provided us. Members can opt-out of our newsletters at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link that is present on every email at the very bottom of the newsletter.
- We may use your personal data for other purposes which you have consented to at the time of providing your data.
As necessary for certain legitimate interests, which include the following:
- where we are asked to deal with any inquiries or complaints you make.
- to administer our Site, to better understand how visitors interact with our websites and ensure that our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for our community.
- to conduct analytics to inform to enable us to enhance and personalize the experience we offer to our members and our communications.
- if you ask us to delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists and we are required to fulfil your request, to keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We share your personal data with third parties in the following situations:
- Service Providers: Translatedselves, like many businesses, sometimes hires selected third parties who act on our behalf to support our operations, such as (i) card processing or payment services (see the section below headed “Payment Information”), (ii) credit reference agencies to protect against possible fraud, (iii) IT suppliers and contractors (e.g. data hosting providers or delivery partners) as necessary to provide IT support and enable us to provide customer or members services and other goods/services available on this Site or to members, (iv) web analytics providers, (v) providers of digital advertising services and (vi) providers of CRM, marketing and sales software solutions. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties may access, process or store your personal data in the course of performing their duties to us and solely in order to perform the services we have hired them to provide.
- Translatedselves Affiliated Businesses: We operate on a global scale, “Social Media Week” in particular. In order to provide the services you request from us, our affiliated businesses may access and process the information which we collect from you for the purposes described above, including to offer products and services to you. Our affiliated businesses will only use your data for the purposes for which we originally collected it.
- Business Transfers: if we sell our business or our company assets are acquired by a third party personal data held by us about our applicants, members, customers may be one of the transferred assets.
7. PERSONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Your personal data may be transferred to and stored in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected, including countries and other destinations outside the United States of America and the European Economic Area (“EEA”), to our service providers and affiliated businesses for the purposes described above.
Please note that the countries concerned may not provide the same legal standards for protection of your personal data that you have in the United States of America, the United Kingdom or EEA. Where we transfer your personal data to countries outside of the United States or the EEA we will take all steps to ensure that your personal data will continue to be protected. We will implement appropriate safeguards for the transfer of personal data to our service providers in accordance with the applicable law, such as relying on our service providers’ Privacy Shield certification or implementing standard contractual clauses for data transfers. We have implemented data transfer agreements pursuant to applicable data protection law in order to implement appropriate safeguards for the transfer of personal data to Translatedselves group companies in countries outside the United States and the EEA. If you would like to receive more information on the safeguards that we implement, including copies of relevant data transfer contracts, please contact us as indicated below.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or log-in which enables you to access certain restricted parts of our Site, you are responsible for doing everything you reasonably can to keep these details secret. You must not share your password or log-in details with anyone else.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the internet or public communications networks can never be completely secure. We will take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the personal data that you submit to us against unauthorized/unlawful access or loss, destruction or damage, although we cannot 100% guarantee the security of personal data that you provide to us online.
10. PERSONAL DATA RETENTION
To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data, applicable legal requirements or operational retention needs, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
Upon expiry of the applicable retention period we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer personal data.
11. YOUR PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Certain applicable data protection laws give you specific rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, if the processing of your personal data is subject to the GDPR, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your personal data and, if so, provide you with a digital copy of that personal data along with certain other details such as the purpose of the data processing. If you require additional print copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification: If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your personal data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the personal data or object to us processing it. We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your personal data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your personal data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you. We will provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your personal data, and we will do so:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your personal data — unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or
- If we are processing your personal data for direct marketing.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw your consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your personal data, you can report it to the UK data protection authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office or ICO), or, as the case may be, any other competent data protection authority of an EU member state that is authorized to hear those concerns (you may find EU Data Protection Authorities’ contact information here.)
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us as described in the “Contact” section below. We may also need to ask you for further information to verify your identity before we can respond to any request.
12. DELETING PROFILE DETAILS
If you would like to delete your profile, please use “DELETE ACCOUNT” feature under “Home/account settings, alternatively if this does not delete the account, please send us an email from the email address that is associated with your Membership account to email@example.com. Please let us know your username in that email, so that we may complete your request accurately.
You should be aware that it may not be technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our servers. The need to back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your PII may exist in a non-erasable form that may be difficult or impossible for us to locate.