Terms & Conditions
General Terms & Conditions for Consumers (Version: 12.08.2020)
Welcome to Translatedselves! Babbel is an offer provided under the internet domain www.translatedselves.com. These General Terms & Conditions (hereinafter known as “GTC”), provide the final legal framework for all Translatedselves services intended for consumers, applicable to both free and non-free services from Translatedselves.
1. Scope of service
1.1 Translatedselves is an online learning network that allows users to practice languages, translation and writing.
1.2 It's free to register and use the services of translatedselves.com
2. Applicability of Online Materials
2.1 The Site is controlled and operated by us from our offices in Vladivostok, Russia.
2.2 For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like original texts and translations
3. User Account
3.1 The User (“User": means anyone using the Site) can create a basic user account at Translatedselves for free. The user must enter their first name, email address, choose a password and accept these GTC. Further data can be specified after creating the user account via the personal profile page.
3.2 After submitting the completed registration form, the User will receive an automatically generated email with a hyperlink enabling him to authenticate himself via the email address.
3.3 The User is required to pick a sufficiently secure password and keep it secret. As soon as the User becomes aware or should have been become aware that access to his password has been obtained by a third party, he must change the password immediately.
4.Comments & Posting Policy Disclaimer
4.1. We welcome your participation and comments on TranslatedSelves blogs and social media and in our webinars and online forums. Our online sites are governed by the general rules of respectful civil discourse. You are fully responsible for everything that you post.
TranslatedSelves does not discriminate against any views. Nevertheless, TranslatedSelves may monitor any user-generated content as it chooses and reserves the right to remove content for any reason whatever, without consent. We do not verify the identity of participants. Here are some of the rules we follow:
- Please stay on topic. We will remove content that is clearly off-topic.
- We will remove content that contains abusive, vulgar, offensive, racist, threatening or harassing content, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups.
- We will remove spam and content that promotes services or products, or that involves political campaigning or lobbying.
- Gratuitous links to sites and repeat submissions of the same (or very similar) contributions are viewed as spam and may result in the content being removed.
- Do not post anything that you do not have the right to post. We will not post comments that appear to post material without permission, and we will follow a notice and takedown procedure for complaints of copyright violation under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- We will only post content from participants over 13 years of age.
- Communications made through social media posts, e-mail, webinars, and messaging systems will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to TranslatedSelves.
- All user-generated content is released into the public domain unless the participant clearly states otherwise, so do not submit anything you do not wish to broadcast to the general public.
- Users who do not comply with these standards of conduct may be blocked.
5.Limitations to Liability
5.1 The Provider expressly does not guarantee that the services offered are suitable for the specific goals pursued by the individual user.
5.2 Translatedselves reserves the right to change these GTC for a material reason (e.g. due to changes in the legal situation or its own offer, technical developments and the like). This is especially true when new offers from Translatedselves require new regulations.
6. Intellectual property Rights
6.1 All texts, translations and other copyrightable content and works made available under Translatedselves are protected by copyright. Any non-contractual use, especially for commercial or business purposes, requires the prior consent of the provider in writing.
6.2 Content specifically provided through a Creative Commons license is subject to the terms of the applicable Creative Commons license.
6.3 Any use of all trademarks, brands, designs and business names used by the provider in the context of the offer also requires the prior consent of the provider in text form.
You are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws, keeping in mind that access to the contents of this Site may not be legal for or by certain persons or in certain countries. Translatedselves will not be considered to have modified or waived any of our rights or remedies under the Terms of Service unless the modification or waiver is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Translatedselves.